Friday 9 February 2007

Ate Zero

When I read news without substance, I empathize with people who read my blog ... just for a fleeting moment, though. This particular article, is a classic exmaple. The title is Cuba's Castro able to eat again, which leads to a more profound question When can Castro's Cuba eat again? There is an old joke among the Peurto Ricans "Why doesn't Cuba have a swimming team? Because, if a Cuban can swim, he will be Florida" which is simply a lighter version of my profound remark.
Back to the article, it lacks substance because it states the obvious - "The problem is that at first he was not eating food, but now he is eating food and that has helped him significantly". It's like Alan Greenspan saying "Oh finally I know why I was not able to get cash out of ATMs. I was using my credit card". Really, Castro? That was your problem? You forgot that eating is good for you? I offer alternate explanations to his self imposed satyagraha
a) His mouth piece (read Chavez) is in Venezuela
b) He is 80 (Ate Zero). Senile people take their age literally...so, I have heard
c) He untucked his tummy and realized he was hungry, but too ashamed to admit it

Enough said...I need to get over my obsession with the three C's (Cuba, Chavez and Communism)

1 comment:

  1. Maybe nothing went through his mounth as he was suffering from Castro-enter-it-is!

    ReplyDelete