Tuesday 22 July 2008

Courtneys

I recently called up Courtneys to enquire about gym membership rates. The guy on the other end of the phone asked me in return "How much are you looking to spend?". I was really annoyed to hear that question - no average Joe I know of is looking to spend his money. Average Joe also would rather play online bingo than play the can-you-guess-Courtneys-gym-membership-rates-over-the-phone game. Its not like I called up with a budget of £1 per month (or £1000 for that matter) in mind to haggle nor did I call up a real estate agent not did I call up my bank for investment advice. I wanted to say "Great question, wrong place" but being the nice guy I am and modesty being my middle name, I went with a simple "Why do you ask?" but I had to endure a few more rounds of stupidity & temporarily change my middle name to rude to finally get a quote over the phone.

In the end, it was really a flat rate for all practical purposes and there was really no tact whatsoever to his line of questioning. I hope its just the guy being stupid, not Courtneys in general.

p.s: 100th blog :)

1 comment:

  1. Your century was slower in the making than even Manjrekar's!!

    ReplyDelete