Wednesday 1 November 2006

I love politics!

I remember seeing 'Chaudhivi ka Chand' for the first (and only time, thank goodness) time on TV because that was part of an all night election coverage anchored by Prannoy Roy. This was more than 15 years ago. I simply love following politics and had a ball when Kerry and Bush were trading punches 2 years ago. I was so mad that John Kerry lost, but at the same time I loved the way Republicans so successfully branded Kerry as an indecisive flipper! The run-up to the next US Presidential elections is just about warming up and already we have plenty of action!

Kerry, speaking to a group of California university students on Monday, said: "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well." So far so good. Then he thought he can be funny. He added "If you don't you get stuck in Iraq". Ha ha ha!

Now, the Republicans and Bush are all over Kerry asking him to apologize as his comments were insulting to the troops.

I think Kerry should apologize. Kerry, if you are reading my blog, this is what you should have said "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you dont, you become the president of the United States"

I also suggest that the Republicans should be relentless until Kerry apologizes. If Kerry doesnt budge, then you should take a cue from Gabbar and create a fake E.Coli alert for all 57 varieties of Heinz sauces. They could even break Heinz ketchup bottles and say Naach Theresa Naach but that would become too close to Bollywood style.

I am sure Kerry realizes his faux pas. As they say, Heinz sight is 20/20 :-)

p.s: Answer to yesterday's Q was tuber-collosus

2 comments:

  1. Dear Mr. Gogo,

    I am sorry...for letting you down...

    "Nahi Theresa, inn kutton ke saamne mat naachna...."

    - John

    ReplyDelete
  2. my filmi advice to john kerry:

    barkhurdaar, agar tune galti kerry hai, to pachtao. bush-kilon ka saamna karne se hi insaan ke andar ka faulaad jaag uthta hai!

    ReplyDelete